December 16, 2013

Homework in Kindergarten

There is a Facebook group called Inappropriate Common Core Lessons that I belong to. Mostly people post things that they have moral or ethical problems with, and there is an occasional example of how the math has changed; nothing I've ever felt was significant enough to repost here. Came across this though. This is homework someone said her kindergartener came home with:



People in the group are debating whether it's appropriate for a kindergartener, whether kids that young are up do doing this kind of work. They are talking about fine motor skills and parental involvement.

The reason I posted this here though, and the problem I have with this and want to raise is, Why are kindergarteners getting worksheets for homework?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome, but are moderated. Please keep in mind that this blog is specifically for dissemination of information that is free from political affiliation bias and uneducated fear mongering. Comments containing either will not be approved.

Additionally, although you may know me from Facebook, and I am not shy about who I am, because I do share personal experiences here I ask that you respect the privacy of my children by refraining from using my real name. Comments that use my real name will unfortunately not be published.