October 12, 2013

The Benchmarks

This post also appears when you click on the "Research" tab above, but I'm re-posting here so it shows up when readers click on "The International Benchmarks" link to the left, since it's so important to that topic.

"Benchmarking for Success: Ensuring U.S. Students Receive a World-Class Education", is a report by the National Governors Association, the Council of Chief State School Officers, and Achieve, Inc. It is the report the US federal government is using to justify the need for the Common Core. You can find the actual document here. Page nine is the beginning of the explanation of how the US is lagging compared to the rest of the world.

Christopher Tienken, Ed.D is an assistant professor of Education Administration at Seton Hall University. In this 22 minute video he explains how the information in the Benchmarking Report is not based on real data, and illustrates how Common Core lacks real scientific evidence for its very existence. Please note that at 19:30 Tienken does start to move away from providing hard data to refute the need for Common Core, into proselytizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome, but are moderated. Please keep in mind that this blog is specifically for dissemination of information that is free from political affiliation bias and uneducated fear mongering. Comments containing either will not be approved.

Additionally, although you may know me from Facebook, and I am not shy about who I am, because I do share personal experiences here I ask that you respect the privacy of my children by refraining from using my real name. Comments that use my real name will unfortunately not be published.