October 25, 2013

What The Teachers Really Think

Here is an interesting piece about The National Education Association's (NEA's) article entitled “10 Things You Should Know About Common Core”.
If you have followed Common Core for a while, none of what is in this article is new information. 

What is most illuminating are the comments that follow these NEA talking points. At the time of MEW’s publication of this piece, there were 82 comments on the NEA’s supportive piece of the standards. I only counted one (1) comment agreeing with the NEA’s stance on Common Core. These few are indicative of the majority of teachers’ beliefs/thoughts about the Common Core...
Read those selected comments and that full piece here, and the NEA article with the as-of-today 88 teacher comments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome, but are moderated. Please keep in mind that this blog is specifically for dissemination of information that is free from political affiliation bias and uneducated fear mongering. Comments containing either will not be approved.

Additionally, although you may know me from Facebook, and I am not shy about who I am, because I do share personal experiences here I ask that you respect the privacy of my children by refraining from using my real name. Comments that use my real name will unfortunately not be published.