February 25, 2014

Common Core Deserves a Public Hearing

A press release is showing up on many State Republican's websites and blogs. Here is the statement taken from the party's home page.



February 21st, 2014

Many of you have expressed concern over the implementation of Common Core, particularly as it relates to teacher evaluations.

On Monday, Feb. 10, the education committee raised 23 bills for public hearings and potential action by the legislature. Not one of these bills addressed the issue of Common Core or teaching evaluations.

This is exactly how we have ended up in the predicament that we are in right now. Common Core was adopted outside of the legislative process, which meant that too many voices were left out of the debate.

Therefore, I urge you all to contact the Co-chairs of the Education committee and request a public hearing on Common Core. I do not believe that an issue as complex as Common Core should be adopted without input from those who it will affect most: teachers, administrators, parents, and students.

You can contact Co-Chair Senator Andrea Stillman by calling her office at 1-800-842-1420, or emailing her by clicking here.

You can contact Co-Chair State Representative Andrew Fleischmann by calling his office at 1-860-240-0429 or emailing him at Andrew.Fleischmann@cga.ct.gov.

Please pass this along to as many teachers, administrators, and parents as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome, but are moderated. Please keep in mind that this blog is specifically for dissemination of information that is free from political affiliation bias and uneducated fear mongering. Comments containing either will not be approved.

Additionally, although you may know me from Facebook, and I am not shy about who I am, because I do share personal experiences here I ask that you respect the privacy of my children by refraining from using my real name. Comments that use my real name will unfortunately not be published.