February 11, 2014

The Words of CT State Representative Laura Hoydick

Someone who is part of a Facebook page I follow shared a response they got to a letter they sent to Rep. Laura Hoydick:


Thank you for your email and for educating us last night in ways we can make substantial cognitive changes to the policies that are now in place. I agree with you--this is not just about teacher evaluation but is also about Common Core. I support and will advocate stopping the implementation of the new evaluative process, SBAC and common core right now. Never in all the years that I have been involved in education has such a huge initiative been implemented this quickly without collaboration. Not only does it sicken me but it saddens me that yet again we have such little regard and respect one of the greatest institutions we have in Connecticut. I am sorry for the stress and anxiety for what you have experienced these last 18 months and please know I have great admiration for you and your fellow colleagues. I greatly value the work you do.

Laura Hoydick (the daughter, granddaughter, mother and niece of public school educators)
State Representative
120th Assembly District

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome, but are moderated. Please keep in mind that this blog is specifically for dissemination of information that is free from political affiliation bias and uneducated fear mongering. Comments containing either will not be approved.

Additionally, although you may know me from Facebook, and I am not shy about who I am, because I do share personal experiences here I ask that you respect the privacy of my children by refraining from using my real name. Comments that use my real name will unfortunately not be published.